Sometimes you just want to trip hard and fast. Fortunately, there is a way. If you’re looking for an astonishing trip that pops up within twenty minutes, then you’ve come to the right place. Be prepared for the trip of a lifetime, because you are about to travel to another dimension.
Taking mushrooms is crazy. It’s one of the most fun things you can do. Sometimes, however, they taste a bit foul and can make you nauseous. But there is a way to avoid this. In addition, the Lemon Tek method can make the effects work twice as fast and possibly even increase its strength. What does this magical method involve, you may ask? It’s very simple. All you need is lemon juice, a knife… and some magic mushrooms.
What is Lemon Tek?
Lemon Tek is a method used to convert psilocybin to psilocin for easier absorption into the body. Psilocybin is the psychoactive compound in magic mushrooms that is responsible for the psychedelic experience.
However, psilocybin itself is a so-called prodrug, a compound that can be converted into a drug. So psilocybin does not technically cause a high. It is only when it is converted to psilocin that it can be processed by the body and this is what creates a high. This usually happens in the stomach, thanks to stomach acid. But you can also do this conversion process yourself at the kitchen table.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LEMON TEK?
- The effect comes faster: since the conversion of psilocybin into psilocin takes place outside the body, the absorption time in your body is faster.
- Stronger high: Although this is disputed, most users argue that the effects are more acute and potent than when the mushrooms are eaten plain or drunk as tea.
- Shorter high: for some, this is an advantage, for others a disadvantage. Because the conversion has already taken place, the body can process the psilocin more quickly.
- Tastes better: Chewing dry mushrooms can be a little gross. Turning them into a thick, lemony shot makes them easier to consume.
- Reduces nausea: The acid in the lemon juice may break down some of the chitin in the mushroom cell walls. This is one of the main causes of nausea you experience with shrooms (if you have a lot of nausea, then mushroom tea may be for you, as you do not consume chitin with it).
DOSAGE AND EFFECTS OF LEMON TEK
The stories vary, but overall the consensus seems to be that Lemon Tek makes for a much more intense experience. Some say normal amounts of magic mushrooms can produce almost DMT-like effects. Others are more skeptical.
It can therefore be difficult to determine how to dose your Lemon Tek. The safest advice is to use ‘regular’ magic mushrooms a few times first so you get used to the effects. Once you’ve done this, you’ll be better prepared for the Lemon Tek effect. Have you never used magic mushrooms? Don’t worry, you will be amazed by this intergalactic experience either way.
HOW FAST DOES LEMON TEK WORK?
Again, definitive answers are simply not possible here, just as there is no set pattern to the speed of the effects if you just eat magic mushrooms. But a safe estimate is around 15-20 minutes. If you have eaten beforehand, it will probably take a little longer. It can go significantly faster on an empty stomach.
It is suggested that a Lemon Tek trip is a quarter to a third shorter than a standard mushroom trip. Many users also report that they feel ‘cleaner’ and less tired afterwards.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON TEK WITH MUSHROOMS?
Below you will find all the necessary ingredients, materials and steps to make your own Lemon Tek. The good news is that it’s super easy and you probably already have everything you need at home.
INGREDIENTS FOR LEMON TEK
- Magic mushrooms
- Fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons per serving)
- Water (optional)
KITCHEN UTENSILS FOR LEMON TEK
- Sharp knife or coffee grinder
- Cheesecloth or filter paper (optional)
LEMON TEK INSTRUCTIONS
- Cut or grind the mushrooms to a fine powder. The larger the surface, the better the conversion. A coffee grinder is most suitable for this, but a knife also works.
- Squeeze the lemons and pour the juice over the powder – make sure it’s completely covered. Let it stand for about 25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Although there is no exact time frame for this conversion, keep in mind that once psilocybin is converted to psilocin, it can oxidize and break down. So don’t leave it there for much longer.
- Optional step: filter the juice through the filter paper or cheesecloth to get pure juice, then discard the mushrooms. This helps fight nausea, but can also reduce strength, depending on how successful the conversion was.
- Optional step: add water or tea (not boiling!) to your juice. This improves the taste and allows you to consume it more slowly.
- Time to drink! If you skipped step 4, drink your Lemon Tek as a shot. If you are looking for a quick and powerful kick, this is the way.
DOES LEMON TEK WORK WITH LIME?
Lime juice can be used as a substitute for lemon juice. The acid in these fruits is what causes the conversion; whether you use lemons or limes.
Some users also drink orange juice when they eat magic mushrooms because they think it contributes to a fast conversion in the body. This may well work to some degree. A lot of people swear by it anyway.
Yet it is impossible to know exactly what happens when everything in the body comes together. After all, there is already stomach acid in the stomach, which has a similar pH value to citrus fruits.
MICRODOSE LEMON TEK
Lemon Tek can also serve as a way to microdose mushrooms. When micro-dosed, the drugs still have an effect, but they don’t cause a high. The goal is not to feel like you’ve used something, but to get into a kind of heightened sober state.
When micro-dosing magic mushrooms, people normally use between 0.2 and 0.5 grams about every three days. If you are taking Lemon Tek, you may need to tinker with the dose a bit as the effects can be stronger and may become too strong to function normally.
Lemon Tek vs Magic Mushroom Tea
Usually, people use Lemon Tek as a means to increase the speed and strength of a trip. With mushroom tea, people usually try to avoid nausea and bad taste, but actually, both methods achieve this to a certain extent. As mentioned, you can also add tea to your Lemon Tek for the best of both worlds.
TAKE YOUR MUSHROOMS TRIPS WITH LEMON TEK TO THE HIGHER LEVEL
Lemon Tek is one of many ways to approach your psychedelic experience differently. It comes in strong and fast and can turn a small dose of magic mushrooms into a cosmic high. A big advantage is that the shortened duration can go together with an intense trip, without the feeling that it will never end.
In addition, it is a great way to prevent bad taste and nausea and can make consumption a little easier. If you’re a novice psychonaut, it’s even fun to try out different methods. This way you will find the method that suits you best!